View Single Post
Old
01-11-2011, 03:46 AM
jaberma1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
I think Christensen and Gilroy are next in line to get traded probably for some rental veteran(s) to help out in the playoffs. Christensen and Gilroy don't strike me as playoff heroes, and there are no shootouts in the playoffs. Weise and Dupont might also be moved as well as mid and later round picks.

Maybe Cory Sarich.
I do not understand why everyone thinks that Matt Gilroy is not capable of being a defensemen that can generate some offense. Lets be real here last year he was sent to Hartford for quite some time, and when he did play had to do it with our great friend Wade Redden. This guy won the Hobey Baker Award for a reason, it is way too soon to call quits on him, not to mention that we would not get anything that big for gilroy because yes, he has not played to full potential. In my opinion he has improved a lot this year and can generate some offense given the opportunity. Not to mention that he has vastly improved on the defensive side of his game . I can also guarantee that MDZ trade stock is a lot higher then Gilroy s and a possible deal involving MDZ can and would bring a decent amount of talent back to the rangers. Remember Sather a couple of years back was a handshake away from getting stamkos with MDZ being the central part of the deal on the Rangers side of things

jaberma1 is offline   Reply With Quote