Thread: Waived: Segal waived
View Single Post
Old
01-11-2011, 01:43 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Apparently there are 30 dumb GM's in the league. 29 other GM's don't feel that Segal is worth the absolute minimal risk of $225K on an expiring contract. I guess if GM's want to win, they should start hiring HF scouts instead of wasting there money on pros. If he had proven he was worth more than a 4th liner, someone risks picking him up. By risk, I mean absolutely none because of his current contact. He's depth ..... and that's not a bad statement.
Completely missing the point again. Segal likely represents such a marginal upgrade for the rest of the teams in the league that it's not worth adding a contract to the books and making room for him. But for Dallas, which has a very bad 4th line, we know that he is better than others on the roster. I have NEVER said that he's anything more than a 4th liner. Ever. You seem determined to misconstrue what I'm saying. I'm saying Segal is a good 4th liner, who should be playing on the Dallas Stars' 4th line. Nothing more.

This team has shown they don't have a problem paying extra money to make themselves worse, which they did by sending Brunnstrom to the minors. Keeping up someone who would make the team better is apparently out of the question though.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote