Cap Geeks: How do we fit Zach Parise on the Rangers?
View Single Post
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Originally Posted by
Ok well, lets say that you could have either on Drurys $$$....
Kovy or Parise? and why?
Parise Pros :
-American born kid coming to a club that has a goods nucleus of American Born players.
-Work ethic I feel is better than Kovalchuk's
-Hockey Sense I feel is better than Kovalchuk's <--Parise isn't going to take himself off the ice everytime he plays against an agitator like Sean Avery. Especially not in a playoff game.
-Shattuck boy who grew up on the same fundamentals as a Derek Stepan did. Also, apparently has some ties or are at least friends as the duo worked out together in the offseason. Also played at UND, which is one of the top colliegate programs in the country. All this again means he learened the fundamentals the right way, and now executes.
-Future captain material
-Seems to have the moxy that is needed to excel under Tortorella.
-Already plays nearby...Life in NYC should be a relative easy adjustment.
-The complete package
Parise Cons :
-Coming off knee injury
Kovalchuk Pro's :
- PP Specialist
- Wicked shot
- Better goal scorer evidenced by his last three years. Averaging 42g per season. Parise averaged 38g. over the past 3.
Kovalchuk Cons :
- Offensive stud, defensive liability. Maybe a little one dimensional.
- Hockey smarts in question
- Who shows up late for practices after getting a 100 Million dollar payday?
- Gets thrown off his game when things don't go his way
- Question if he is a Torts kind of player.
View Public Profile
Lion Hound's albums
Visit Lion Hound's homepage!
Find More Posts by Lion Hound