View Single Post
Old
01-12-2011, 01:18 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The only way the Rangers could even think about dealing for Iginla would be to send Gaborik, Drury or Henrik the other way.

There's no way we are trading Henrik. Drury has an NMC and I seriously doubt he would wave it for calgary.

Gaborik? Would the flames do that? Would the Rangers? Gabby hasn't been terrible this year by any scretch, but he hasn't been scoring as he has in years past, and his style doesn't really fit that well with the grind it out mentality.

I think Iginla would do very well in Tort's system, though he is 5 years older than Gabby. Iginla's deal is 1 year shorter and 500k less per year.

Would do you guys think? Would you pull the trigger if we were offered Iginla for Gabby straight up?
Gabby has a limited No trade clause... I highly doubt the flames are on his list of teams he would be traded to, this won't happen. The flames have been infatuated with Dubinsky for some time now, I am sure they would want him or callahan back for starters in any trade involving Iginla. That will never happen and as Rangerboy posted already Iginla is not going to be moved.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote