Thread: Colin Wilson?
View Single Post
Old
01-12-2011, 01:32 PM
OpenWheel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cju1979 View Post
Did he not come up as a center? I know he's been on the left with Legs and douchey Svatos but just because he wasn't so good at face-offs earlier this year, doesn't mean he couldn't be our best C (?)
Because he's not often playing center. So how could he become our best center by the end of the year? It doesn't matter how he came up.

Trotz has said he could see him as a center in the NHL, long term, but obviously for now he's training him as a winger. Wilson does get some time at center every once in awhile, and a few faceoffs a game. But I doubt Trotz is going to make big changes to his plans, and putting Wilson at center all of a sudden would be a big change.

Personally, every time I see a turnover or a missed defensive play, I'm glad he's at wing. His corsi numbers seem to be typically below that of his linemates. For a guy good with the puck that surprised me, so maybe it's that he's not as good defensively yet. I think he's a center long term though, but I won't be surprised if he stays at wing even next year. On his current line Leggy has more speed and defensive ability and is the better choice at center. I think Wilson should take the faceoffs on that line though, lol, Leggy has never become very good at them.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 01-12-2011 at 01:40 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote