View Single Post
Old
01-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Rally Donkey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Is Matt Lane still going to the NTDP? He's no longer listed under Heisenberg's site (and neither is Silk for obvious reasons). I'd guess he'd Brampton got him to commit to playing with them this year.

I think your point on Jones is spot on. He's living off of a lot of hype from a lot of people that probably haven't seen him play. Pretty much everything I've read seems to be unanimous in praise for his raw abilities but we'll see how he does with the NTDP in his first year. He's in an NTDP class with a few other highly touted d-men though so we'll see where he's at pretty quickly.
I agree that hype at his age is often overblown, but I gotta tell you this kid is a solid athlete on work effort alone. Too many people assume that the prodigy of pros will achieve more than than their famous parents. When those predictions do come true, 10 times out of 10 it's because of hard work. I think this kid is one that will advance because of that. I am really looking forward to watching the DU team for the next 2-4 years even though I've got a soft spot for Colorado College. I think DU is getting some high end prospects, but will coaching and other circumstances conspire for or against them?