View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 06:19 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
You should probably wait a few years before making these statements...

Hainsey, Hossa, Ribs, Ryder, and Ward still haven't proven anything at the NHL level. Also 2 or 3 of those guys are too old to be able to be sent down because of the waiver rules, it's basically their last chance to prove themselves...

Savard's guys are still young. Just because some teams are giving chances to guys that age doesn't mean that Montreal can afford to. Montreal has to many older highly paid players playing with the club. Most of those contracts expire this year, so expect to see more of Savard's picks in the lineup next year... On some other teams Pleks and Higgs probably would have stuck around, same for Komi (if he gets sent down instead of Hainsey).

Personally I'm just happy to see that our system has some depth...

All-Star
I do agree with you; the Habs have depth. But do you remember Savard's comments about Houle's prospects last season? He never, ever talked about them. As if they didn't count. Well, today, I see the results. And you're right about the "highly paid players".

I saw Dallas play yesterday. Even if they have a great lineup full of millionnaires, there is space for some special young talents on it. Look at Chicago.