View Single Post
Old
01-13-2011, 12:17 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Foligno is a 3rd liner masquerading as a top six forward. I can't for the life of me understand how he was a first round pick. Michalek is a player who generates offense from his speed, but he looks a few steps slow. He's had some knee injuries if I recall, which is bad news for a player who relies on speed like he does.

Playing defense against the Sens isn't a scary proposition for opposing teams. You don't have to spread your forces thin because outside of Spezza and Alfredsson, they don't offer much. Their second line center, Fisher, is not a playmaker or skill player. More like a Drury type.

If you put Spezza on a better team, I think his numbers go right back to 80-90 points a season. There are legitimate concerns in terms of injuries with him, though. He's a bit fragile.
I'm sorry sting36e, I'm just not buying it. I understand what you're saying and your defense of him (not that your promoting us getting him). I just think his numbers are his own fault. I'm not saying he should be producing with the rest of the top players in the league at least the ones that are statistically currently the leaders, but I do believe his numbers should sure as hell be better than what they are. I know Foligno and Michalek arent fantastic players and are just average but they are certainly capable of putting the puck in the net. I just think Spezza's problems are his own. He should be playing better. Now I dont know if its the injury history that has knocked him off his game, but I just dont see the same player that was putting up big numbers years ago. He could come here and be a 60 point player. For $7 million thats not enough.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote