View Single Post
Old
01-13-2011, 02:28 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
I haven't listened to as much new music this year as I usually do, things have been hectic, and I broke my Zune. In no order:

1) The Dead Weather - Sea of Cowards - Solid album, all around

2) Meat Loaf - Hang Cool Teddy Bear - I love Meat Loaf, and this was a pretty solid showing. I'd say there are about 4 really good songs, and the rest is average. Hugh Laurie plays on one song that Kara DiGuardia from that garbage show American Idol duets on...and duets really, really well. There are a few other big guest appearances like Brian May and maybe Steve Vai. Overall, I'd say it's above average..definitely not Bat Out of Hell.

3) Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA - Somehow, I'd never heard this album until this year. It lived up to the hype, just phenomenal all around.

4) Echo And The Bunnymen - Songs To Learn And Sing - An 80's album. It has that one song that they play at the beginning of Donny Darko. I give it 3 Beefs.

5) The new Kings of Leon album - A letdown. Nothing on it really jumped at me, like their last effort.

6) Electric Six - Zodiac - "Kill" wasn't nearly as good as "I Shall Exterminate Everything Around Me That Restricts Me From Being The Master" or "Flashy." Zodiac isn't as good as "Kill." This album is my biggest disappointment of the year, because when Electric Six is on point they are awesome.

7) Jazz and the 70's-90's - A collaboration of various artists, these three albums kick ass. Jazz covers of various hits from each decade.