View Single Post
Old
01-13-2011, 03:36 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The problem with their young talent is I'm not sure how many, if any, really project out to being a legit top 3 forward. And that's an issue with a team that has some cap issues and needs to score more.
Yeah, I could agree with that. But we'll likely have a nice chunk of cap space in the 2012 offseason we could use to acquire such.

I do think Dubinsky could become a consistent 70 point player, considering he's on pace for I think 69 points this year, which is certainly 1st line production. But after him and Gaborik, it all becomes "potential", which is a word HFBoards seems to adore. You have Stepan, who seems to have some high-end talent in his game, bt his skating could hold him back somewhat. Anisimov has a problem with keeping his head up, or, aka, getting hit incredibly hard on several occasions. And Zuccarello is a midget.

I think the best hope we have for a higher-end forward in terms of our younger players, though, is Chris Kreider. He's still just a prospect, but from what i have read/seen/heard, he seems like a special type of player. He has the game breaking speed, great hands, a good shot, and a propensity for the front of the net. Something that makes talented players even more useful.

But, as it stands, it's all "ifs" and "buts" right now. And that's a bit of a problem if we're going to try and figure when the Rangers will be legitimate contenders.