View Single Post
Old
01-13-2011, 04:27 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Hey, if all of us posters who have lost teeth to hockey contributed said teeth we could probably come up with at least one whole person worth of chompers.

On being smart enough to be a goalie I would count it down to luck Zad. Growing up playing in the tiniest out back middle of nowhere team my goalie (who went on to have a solid IHL/AHL career) got hit in the face with a slapshot breaking his mask and causing the piece to go in and bust out all of his front teeth top and bottom.

It took 1 entire day of traveling by bus to get to a town with a dental surgeon while he lay there in agony. The worst part is that one year later he took a highstick under the mask and knocked out the bridge having to go through it all over again.

DieHard, I did the removable bridge thing right from the start. When the dentist told me that "perm bridges" can be busted out etc I just figured that I would go with the easiest options. Of course after losing them often enough the only one wear is my front upper. It didn't look so bad (if you ask me that is) when I was younger but now in my 40s it could look better. Oh well, I wasn't winning any beauty contests to begin with so who cares?
Me neither.