View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 06:24 AM
copperandblue

vCash: 500
I don't discount the idea of signing a veteran because I thought Oates or Ronning would be good signing for us also, but in the big picture what do we get out of it?

If Lowe is building this team for sustained success post CBA, then why sacrifice the spot of one of the kids for a grizzled veteran that can only help us for one year (and still not put us closer to the cup).

We won't win it this year or the next so why not let the kids grow together, then when it's time to push for the cup let Lowe assess what veteran presence may best help. Bottom line I think it's too soon to look in that direction.

As for Vancouver's signing, it's clear that they are looking to fit the final parts of a cup team together but aren't they about 3 years too late for Keane to be really helpful? The guy's all used up.

Personally I think they should have gone after Oates. I think he is still a better player than Morrison- couldn't imagine the damage Naslund Oates and Bertuzzi could do? But I guess Burke was looking for a bargain.