View Single Post
Old
01-13-2011, 08:01 PM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Yeah, picked right after the Farfan at #24. Just what the Red Bulls want, another "name".

I hate the US-based salary cap system. Why does the US have to be so different from the rest of the world? MLS flat out rejects moving to a single table because they want "rivalries". Every league overseas with a single table has rivalries. Rivalries are about proximity and history. Conferences can try to do that, but I'd rather a single table. A single table makes everyone your rival, conferences make only conference teams your rivals. However, over here everyone wants to be a champ. NL EAST Champs. Eastern Conference Champs. None of that means jack **** to me. I the Championship of the League, I dont give a **** about divisions or conferences.

They do have free agency technically in Europe, they just call it "free transfer" because you do not need a transfer fee to acquire a player when his contract runs out.
Europe does have conferences. They just call them leagues.

Don't forget ... including Russia, the US is 40% bigger than Europe (even including the Euro part of Russia, the US is only 300,000 sq km smaller.