View Single Post
Old
01-14-2011, 12:15 AM
thedjpd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
I dont think Carle should be blamed too much on that failed clear. Yes, he shoulda cleared it, but it's not like he placed the puck onto a dangerous Bruin forward in a prime scoring position.

He failed to clear, the Bruin took a nothing shot that shoulda caused no problem. The shot should have been stopped and that wouldve been the end of it.

It's hockey, Dmen do not always succeed in clearing the puck outta the zone, as long as they dont put the puck right onto the other team's stick while they are in a prime scoring position.....
That, and if you hear the announcers, it wasn't a blind pass. He fumbled the puck, but actually made the *right* play in swinging it around the boards. Who messed up on that play?

Ville Leino, who was out cherry picking past the blue line. Carle didn't have a great game, but that's what you're *supposed* to do as a d-man when you have no time. Keep it to the outside, chip it up the boards and get support.

Your forward is supposed to be high on the boards to get it out of the zone the rest of the way.

I swear, I feel like some of you don't know hockey at all, and blame your typical scapegoats regardless.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote