View Single Post
Old
01-14-2011, 09:28 AM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
I was just referring to the fact that the English league and the Italian league, and the German league basically the same or less area than a US conference does.

European countries are small and compact. That's why single table works ok for them.
The travel would be a ***** if an American league did that, especially one like the MLS that doesn't have a ton of money to throw around on cross country flights all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands77 View Post
And coming from my background, I've never been a "follow a specific player" kind of guy. I follow my teams...that whole "the name on the front of the jersey not the back" line of thinking. I'll ponder that, though...perhaps for European soccer, that doesn't work as well?
You'd be following a corporation instead of a team if you did that

In all honesty, what I did was notice a player I really liked watching in the World Cup in 06 (Aaron Lennon because I tend to pull for small, quick, scrappy players and he seemed to be that) and just start following his team (Tottenham). I've been a bit of a Spurs fan ever since and try to catch the odd game that they play on ESPN3.