View Single Post
Old
01-14-2011, 11:34 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Eklund may not be "respected" but the guy is far from stupid.

Think about this:

Eklund spends his life blogging about hockey and makes enough to get by (as far as I can tell).
Technically, his identity is a secret, even though I know he is traveling musician Dwayne Keith Klessel.
He has "insiders" in the Flyers organization and is an almost permanent fixture in the press box, probably for free.
He writes the equivalent of a couple posts on HF a DAY on Hockeybuzz and runs and owns the very profitable hockey website.
His podcasts are him and people he knows talking about hockey.

IDK about you, but BS or not, the guy is living the dream.

All he needs to do is come up with some rumors, throw Habs, Flyers, Leafs in the title and he gets hits. Also make up or hear rumors about a few other teams as well to get hits.

All you need to know is to take his rumors with a grain of salt. He has been surprisingly correct on a lot of his recent stuff, so I assume he does have conversations with the guys running the show.
I won't deny that.

That doesn't mean some of the nonsense he spews has any merit. I get it, you write what you hear (or apparently hear); but so many of them are SOOOO out there, and borderline impossible, why publish it?

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote