View Single Post
Old
01-14-2011, 01:32 PM
PBC9400

vCash: 500
Chris Phillips is a -20 with 3 assists in 44 games this season. I don't see how he would be so expensive to trade for. I know he is a solid defender but if you look at what players are traded for at the deadline, most of the time it is draft picks and prospects. Jamie Langenbrunner was just dealt for a 3rd rounder. I see Phillips in the same category of a player as Langenbrunner just on defense. Both guys are not stars, do not have terrific numbers but are known to be solid and effective hockey players with some playoff experience.

Another comparison for a guy like Phillips, look at Dan Hamhuis. Solid defensively and he can put up 20 points. Similar type of players I think. Hamhuis was traded for a third round pick in the off-season also, no? Thats for a whole season of play too, not just a rental.

Not too sure about what Ottawa is looking for in terms of positional players but how about an offer of a 3rd rounder and Valentenko or Kundratek or if we have to put up a forward maybe Werek and a 3rd?

What do you all think?

PBC9400 is offline   Reply With Quote