View Single Post
Old
01-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
I would honestly rather stay away from Kaberle. He'd cost too much for it to be worth it.

The player I really want is Joni Pitkanen. I've always liked him. He's consistently played really well against us. 6'3 210. Lefty. Put up 46 points in 71 games with the Canes last year. Has several long playoff runs under his belt. Has a bit of nastiness to his game. Not afraid of the physical stuff. This is the last year of his 3 yr 12mil deal with Carolina. If the Canes begin to fall out of playoff contention, I could see them trying to move him. In which case, what would it take to get him at the deadline?

I mentioned in another thread that I would probably do Gilroy and Grachev for him. Any thoughts?
I am not a Pitkanen fan, I have seen him play for edmonton, Philly, and the canes and just am not a fan. With that being said, he is the type of player sather would love to get at the deadline. A big defenseman who has offensive talent and can man the point. We have traded for Ozo, Poti, and Morris... I can see Pitkanen or Kaberle being his main targets at the deadline, but Pitkanen won't even be available unless the Canes drop out of the hunt. I think a 2nd and a solid prospect could be enough to pry him away if and thats a huge if, but if he become available.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote