View Single Post
Old
01-14-2011, 07:20 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Here's my problem with Carle.

We all already know that he can be a giveaway machine at times, granted. However, the guy is described as an offensive d-man with good offensive skill yet he hasn't put up numbers worthy of that description since 06-07...four seasons ago. That's the only time he's ever even scratched 40 points in his career (and barely at that). Since then his best season is with us in 09-10 with 35 points. Which is okay, granted, but not someone I would describe as a good offensive d-man or good enough to make up for his defensive lapses.

He's also been terribly ineffective on the PP and needed to be sheltered by Pronger last season.

Even this season he's not on pace for 40 points despite his semi-recent hot streak. He has 20 points in 43 games. Which is on pace for just below 40.
Don't get me wrong... if they traded Carle for something decent tomorrow, I wouldn't weep. I think he's quite replaceable on this roster. However, if we're comparing him to Coburn I don't think Carle is giving away much of anything to Coburn as far as positive value.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote