View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 07:30 AM
Corey

vCash: 500
This thread has a pro-Houle, anti-Savard spin. One year ago today, if you had asked Houle if Ward or Ryder would ever play for the Habs, he would have concluded no. Houle didn't bring Ryder up for a single game, and Ward played very few during Houle's years. The fact that they're playing today is due to two things: their hard work, particularly on skating, in the past year or two, and the coaching of Claude Julien in Hamilton.

Other posters have correctly pointed out that the Savard picks are several years younger than Houle's and therefore haven't matured. I take particular issue with the comment about Plekanec. I have seen him several times and am convinced he has a future in the NHL. Would anyone want to bet that Plekanec won't replace Perreault after this season? I'd bet on Plekanec.

It's ridiculous to assume that because Komisarek isn't dressing for tonight's game he's inferior to Hainsey. He's still with the team, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in uniform against Toronto because Julien expects a more antagonistic game.