View Single Post
Old
01-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja View Post
You are the Ken Hitchcock of Hfboards. I understand the importance of defense, really I do, but I also understand the importance of having skill players be productive offensively. I understand the importance of chemistry on lines.

Look at the Briere line. That line should be a wreck defensively, and yet it isn't. Because the line just works.

Carter and Giroux on the wing just doesn't work. I know you want Giroux to work on the wing. I wouldn't mind him working on the wing. But it doesn't seem to be happening.

And you aren't replacing Richie with Giroux. You are replacing Richie with Carter.
Well, it isn't a very good defensive line. The only folks that have played a lower QUALCOMP than that line are Betts, Shelley, and JVR. Despite that, Briere and Hartnell are 8th and 9th amongst the forwards in GAON/60. That being said, Leino is a good backchecker, and say what you want about Hartnell but he efforts on defense.

They've kept up an impressive scoring clip, which has kept 'em riding high... it isn't because they're all that good defensively.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote