Thread: Prospect Info: Lehtivuori back to Finland (KalPa)
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2011, 11:39 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Lehtivuori was never mentioned as one of the players with locker room issues, so I'm not so sure why coaching was ever brought up in this thread.

Another thing to keep in mind is that while Lehtivuori has been a healthy scratch recently, it's not as if he's been playing particularly worse than others to earn that. Pretty much everyone on the Phantoms without many exceptions has been scratched in and out for lengthy and more brief periods of time this year.

It's also important to note that KalPa is a better, more competitive team than the Phantoms. It could end up doing much better things for his development. Plus, Timonen (8%), Hartnell (5%), and Kapanen (50.5%) all have shares in KalPa's ownership. To me this sounds like an internal push to get Lehtivuori developing in a different environment. I'd be shocked if this discussion did not involve all of Timonen, the Flyers' organization, the staff with the Phantoms, and Lehtivuori himself.
Really you think? what would give you that idea. I would highly doutb kimmo any had any say or was even asked about this decison at all. So yo think he still has a shot to possibyl unseat Carle next year? Could be a case of i am taking my ball and going home as he didnt like being a healthy scratch. Bottom line is his play sucked this year and if the coaches thought he wasnt playing worse than anyone else he would be playing..

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote