View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 07:46 AM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
I think the goaltending position should be left alone. In the few threads I've read this morning goalies like Dipietro and Boucher were mentioned. C'mon people. Why don't we just bring back Dominic Rousell to backup Kristian Antilla.

We have a top notch goalie in Salo. Dipietro is overrated IMO and Boucher could hack it in Philly and not can't hack it in Phx. Salo will have a rebound year, he loves to play in Edmonton. What more do we want?
Pasi Nurminen and Brent Johnson are a great deal better than Rousell and Antilla, I am not saying we should trade Salo I love him and hes a really good goalie that is under-rated I am just saying theres justification for doing so and wanted to know if u think Lowe would trade him. He's up for free agency this year and I can't see us resigning him at over $3.9million with built in league salary inflators he should cost us a minimum of $4.29 million next year and I just can't justify that kind of dough for his numbers. I think we should pick up a potential no.1 goalie this year just incase we can not re-sign Tommy and would not want to see us in a disadvantageous position should we be stuck without a starter and trying to trade for one.

would love a deal like this
To San Jose:
Comrie(I think Vinny Damphousse can play wing)

To Edm:
Brad Stuart(injured now but he's a top 4 d-man and a power play quarter back and quite affordable)
Vesa Toskala(San Jose has been a goal tending farm for a few years and this kid looks quite good he just beat Kiprusoff for the back-up job and has had impressive stats in his short NHL experience.)