View Single Post
Old
01-15-2011, 03:57 PM
Inquiring Minds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
I can't stand either of the announcers. Rimer is boring, Bill D. is a doubly-boring, walking factory of cliches.
Billy D. is light years better with the Etch-a-Sketch thingy ("Stop it Right There", then diagram out the play as it develops.) Don't know if that is because the broadcast team didn't work for Danny, or what, but I remember him yelling "SIRT", but the replay continued for 1-2 more seconds. Every time. He would eventually give up. But it seems to work for Billy.
Also, his teaching of the game skit works for me. It may be brutal for you guys who have been around for 30 years, but I learn things pretty much every time. (Did Kinger really start the whole "cycling the puck" maneuver?)
Billy's overuse of the cliche's makes me want to freeze my head in a bucket of water, but I can't say if it is any worse than a lot of other broadcasters.

Quote:
I think this team would do well to get someone in the color seat who can cast more of a critical eye on the team. When the record is bad, why is it bad? What does the team need to do to be better?

To those who say it's bad PR, no, losing is bad PR. Honesty and passion actually makes me want to watch a broadcast instead of someone who glides over the awful display we're seeing all too consistently.
RFT. See Brennaman, Marty

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote