Thread: Confirmed Trade with Link: [NYR/PHX] Rangers acquire Wolski from PHX for Rozsival
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I want to make sure that I'm not lumping you in with the rest, as your take is logical. Still, I feel compelled to make the point that Jovo had one notable Norris talk season in Vancouver. Just one.
That's exactly why I said once was. He had a couple of good seasons that put him in contention for it. It's not like he was a perennial contender.

Quote:
The change that has occurred in Phoenix is that he has become astronomically more responsible. He's still a hot head but not a total brute. He still suffers the occasional bout of severe myopia, but generally makes the correct play with the puck. He has become the consummate role model and is in no noticeable way the party boy playboy he once had the reputation of being.
I would happen to agree to an extent. Role model is pushing it, but he's definitely calmed his game down a bit for his own good. However, it also depends on what your view of a "Role Model" should be. He just doesn't fit my bill of it.

Quote:
Is he the dynamic, end to end rushing, no holds barred, crowd pleasing liability he once was? Absolutely not. He's now a great example of what you want in a veteran two-way player. The riverboat gambling has given way to a decidedly more measured player. As a Coyotes fan, I'm very grateful of that change.
No, he's not, but I'm pretty sure that we can both say at times that you still see glimpses here and there of the end-to-end lead rushing, puck moving defender that was once considered amongst the league's top defenders.

Quote:
As an aside, I am well aware of his career prior to Phoenix. I remember quite well the anxiety his dangerous presence as a Canuck instilled in me. I'm equally as aware of the anxiety that same style provided me in his early Phoenix days.
As I stated above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Not to mention that Jovo played in Vancouver in the era when size was king and ruled all. That certainly suited his game at a young age when he could let his passion run riot and not get called on stupid penalties. It's a tougher game for him now but he has adjusted.
While it's a fair point, I'm of the crowd that didn't think Jovo had a massive dropoff. Noticeable, but not massive.

CM Lundqvist is online now   Reply With Quote