lakai17

vCash: 50
**REVISED- Blues - Oilers

To St.louis:

Dustin Penner
Edmonton's 2011 1st rounder

To Edmonton:

Erik Johnson

"Would the Blues trade one of their young defensemen?" They have three former first-round picks in Erik Johnson, Alex Pietrangelo and Cole, who are a valuable part of the franchise's future. If Armstrong were able to identify an available goal scorer, teams may want one of the young defensemen in return.

"There are certainly no untouchables on our team,"Armstrong said. "It's our job to talk to everybody and about everybody. We're not going to move a young player for a 'rental' player. But if there's an excellent forward out there and it costs you an excellent young defenseman, you have to look at it."

NEWS ARTICLE--> http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hocke...4b53fadc5.html

St.louis Blues are going through some injuries at the moment and I believe Penner would be able to contribute to that young franchise and help push them in the playoffs, more playoff time would be very valuable to that young organization. Penner does provide toughness when needed as well, the guy is farmer tough and that's one reason why I really wouldn't want him moved but that's why he would be a great addition to St.louis come playoff time.

The Blue's organization and hockey analysts seem to have Pietrangelo as their franchise defenceman, so that's why I picked Johnson, he has great size and is very hockey smart. Plays a nice poised game with tons of potential that would benefit Edmonton a lot.

The one guy I would like Edmonton to draft with that 1st round pick is Larsson but we're not guaranteed to draft him. Edmonton's forward prospects are not looking half bad either and how many more forward rookies do you want in the lineup? I think the next one would be Lander or Pitlick but I say we develop them properly and the other next rookie may also be on defence, Jeff Petry and I feel we don't need any more rookies on this team at the moment, Marincin's going to be a "beaut" when he's ready. I really like Landeskog and the odd other forward prospect in this years draft but we should really draft a defenceman and besides Larsson or Murphy, the other defence prospects haven't really sold me plus I prefer Johnson's size over Murphy's. I really don't think Edmonton will become a lotto team with or without Johnson, homer or not but I'm doing this proposal as a lot have Edmonton as a lotto team but then again there is still half the season left to me it's a toss up between Alex or Erik, too bad Erik didn't play more physical but that doesn't matter. St.louis have a great young organization going

If this trade proposal is a no go, tell me why Johnson is not worth Edmonton's 1st round pick and Penner, then I'd like to know what Ian Cole alone is worth in a trade with Edmonton??

Last edited by lakai17: 01-15-2011 at 06:34 PM.
lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote