View Single Post
Old
01-15-2011, 06:28 PM
RU Flyerfan

vCash: 500
Here's how I'd rank our defensemen: Pronger, Timonen, Meszaros, Coburn, Carle, O'Donnell, Bartulis, Walker.

I'd struggle to name a better defensive corps around the league. Bartulis would be a #5 on many teams and Meszaros a #2. However, when healthy, Bartulis isn't even playing and Meszaros is on the 3rd pairing. This is the best defense I've seen the Flyers have EVER.

Yes, Coburn and Carle both have their deficiencies, but they are gaining more and more experience as they keep playing. The best we can hope for is for them to develop their games further and hopefully gain some hockey IQ.

I'd say out of Meszaros, Coburn, and Carle, Meszaros has the best shot of ever being a legit #1. That being said, I think Coburn can still develop into a #1 as well, although I never see Carle ever being above a #3. But that's not a bad thing. Not everyone is meant to be a #1 NHL defenseman. Hopefully we can bring home the Cup within the next 2 years, because our depth right now is crazy good for the forwards and defense.

RU Flyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote