Thread: Proposal: **REVISED- Blues - Oilers
View Single Post
Old
01-15-2011, 08:19 PM
lakai17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDig14 View Post
It's very tough to make proposals including teams like Edmonton, St louis, NYI, etc. because they all have tons of young pieces, are rebuilding, and simply not ready to add the pieces to make them a contender anytime soon

Obviously the Blues are much further along, but I think they wait to see where they are at the deadline next year before the decide to trade away anyone to fill holes going forward

I think Penner fits better with teams like Pittsburgh, LA, Montreal, etc.
Yeah but St.louis have a nice crop of young defenceman that I prefer over Montreal or Pittsburgh. LA have unproven prospects that are available as they just resigned Johnson, so him and Doughty are untouchable. I like Teubert and Hickey but I feel Edmonton would only benefit with an already proven defenceman or there is no need to trade. I'd love to have Jordan Staal on the Oilers but Pittsburgh's GM has already said that he's not going anywhere. I'd like Hamonic to come to the Oil from the Islanders but like you said, both teams are rebuilding and dont need to be trading unless it benefits both clubs.

I also believe Edmonton don't really need to be bringing in anymore forwards unless its a decent center thats not overpayed or a 3rd liner, I'm content with our young forward core at the moment and not sure if we're going to draft a defenceman come next draft for some unknown reason cause thats what Oilers are really lacking prospect wise, so why not get an already young proven NHL defenceman that could solidify our defence, somewhat. This years draft seems fairly weak to me defence wise, would another top forward prospect be worth it? Hall, Eberle, Omark and Paajarvi are all hockey smart with natural talent who will only continue to get better each season. That being said Lander, Pitlick, Hamilton, Hartikainen and Martindale may also be steals in recent drafts as well.

Last edited by lakai17: 01-15-2011 at 08:35 PM.
lakai17 is online now   Reply With Quote