View Single Post
Old
01-15-2011, 11:30 PM
Ke11y96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68MGQR10 View Post
This exactly.

When I play for my Varsity team, I don't get much playing time, so you don't feel very engaged. If you have one bad shift, it kind of snowballs throughout the game.

However, when I play JV, I get much more playing time; so if I have a bad shift, there's more time to correct it and play better.

I don't know what's up, but he needs to put the biscuit in the basket soon. I'm really hoping after the All-Star break he'll be more energized.
To me that could be that dark cloud over his head. When Torts first took over he said I'm not gonna coach I just want the guys to go and play, and I think he has to let Gaborik do that. Just let this guy eat up 22 minutes a game or more if he can handle it and let him just play and get his confidence and feel for the game back, because frankly we'll need it! and the more time he has to think about a missed shot, breakaway, or anything the worse it'll be.. I just looked at most of his time on ice stats from last year and his average was two minutes more than what he gets now. Right now its 19 and change last year it was 21 and change. Now those are average times, but you look at the majority of games last year and he was a 22,23, and 24 minute a game person. For a guy like Gaborik that is a lot of time to make something happen. Especially when Gaborik can get down the ice in about 4 seconds. Ya hate to knock the kids because they're playing great but Torts not wanting to play a rookie 20 plus minutes a night and Gaborik not having a consistent line is definitely hurting his ice time this season verse he and Prospal riding the 1st line minutes all last year.

Ke11y96 is offline   Reply With Quote