View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 11:03 AM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Youre taking the identity the rest of this team has developed and trying so hard to apply it to Gaborik. Unfortunately, he has NEVER BEEN the type of player that you want to see, so whats the point in complaining about it? Whether hes hurt or just in a slump, hes not going to be the guy that goes out there and lays it all out on the line every single shift.

And enigma is an offbase description. Like I said, hes played like this his entire career, but the difference is hes been able to strike at points during the game - and has proven over his career that when hes on the ice, hes a goal scoring threat. Period. Enigma describes a guy thats never lived up to his potential.

It just bewilders me that when goal scorers go through slumps, theres almost always catcalls for him to be something hes not/has never been. You say you want to see more "heart" "desire" whatever....well what the hell does that mean? Sounds to me like you want to see him throw a big check and get into the dirty areas of the ice.

Well, hes never ever ever done that before, even when he was scoring in bunches last season. The guy is banged up and going through a rough patch right now...he deserves criticism, but he doesnt deserve people completely misreading the situation and pleading for him to be something hes not.
I disagree. I also think he doesn't look as engaged and I'm not talking about him handing out hits and grinding in the corners. Any player can play his own style game with a sense of urgency. I just don't see him turning on the jets to get to the puck this year. I don't see him show any confidence in his shot at all, and for that matter, when he shoots its not the same shot that was there last year. He doesn't release the puck with the speed he used to, he doesn't shoot for corners like he used to, he's just missing confidence in his ability to score goals. It seems like he doesn't know exactly how to utilize his skill set or something, which is confusing considering the massive success he's had with it up until this point.

The two main weapons in his arsenal have always been his foot speed and his quick shot. Right now he doesn't look like the fastest guy on the ice and he doesn't look like he has a much better shot than anybody else. Something is wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N7lMPgKOCg

I haven't seen him just shoot for a corner when in on a goalie like that once all season and its more than half over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9kga...eature=related

Where is that confidence?

I don't think he needs to be harshly criticized or removed from the team or anything like that but I don't see how people can watch this season and say he's playing the same game as last year and just not scoring. He's not playing that game at all.

Last edited by haveandare: 01-16-2011 at 11:27 AM.
haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote