Thread: Value of: Dustin Penner to MTL
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
ccgg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I guess we can agree that its best for both teams to keep their players. Penner(our leading scorer) is just as valuable to the Oilers as Kostitsyn is to the Habs so there's really no point in a lateral move
You probably just don't understand me. Dustin Penner is an upgrade to Andrei Kostitsyn because he is more consistent. But not an important one. My point is, the Habs with a lot of long term contract, the age of the fowards and the number of offensive guys ( Cammalleri, Plekanec, Kostitsyn, Pacioretty, Gomez, Gionta, Eller, Desharnais, Pouliot and Darche ) who can play in the top-9, Montréal is built to be contender and the Habs isn't. If Montréal trade AK, I don't care but I want to have a RW physical player who is also a first liner (I don't think Penner is). I know the value of Andrei is not big (low), but in a package (AK + 1st + Eller/Tinordi.... or I don't know), the Canadiens can get something who can produce like a first liner. The Habs problem is goal scoring and Kostitsyn is very valuable to the Habs because he has the best/dangerous shot of the team and he is our hits leader (very important because the Canadiens is a hard-worcking-but-small team).

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote