View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 01:09 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Martin View Post
Moulson's rights are going to worth even less at the UFA July 1st date, they'll max out at the deadline where he'll garner a prospect + pick where as at July 1st will bring back a pick only. The last part, just because they have prospects doesn't mean their better than the one(s) they would get back in return.

People are seriously underrating Jeffery here.

Pens may end up holding onto him anyways, the complete bottom six is gone save Cooke, and I'll go on a limb and say Letestu is very much resigned.
Keeping Moulson past the trade deadline, lets the isles keep negoiating right up until July 1st.I'd rather gamble that Tavares' best friend on the team is serious, when he says he appreciates the faith the isles showed in him when signing him and that he is truthfull when he says he wants to stay.

I'd rather see Snow keep Moulson,keep pushing for that extension instead of taking a weak return.

I don't see Jeffrey pushing out the players currently in the team's top 6.I don't think he's an upgrade on the isles own forward prospects who'll be fighting for jobs in training camp.

If the Pens are able to acquire a 25-30 goal scorer and the trade chip they use is Jeffrey,then I'll tip my hat to the Pens gm.I doubt the other gm in the trade will be Snow though.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote