View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post

An unsigned 25-30 goal scorer. Jeffrey may not push anyone out of the top 6 but he does allow Nielsen to play in the top 6 full time (Jeffrey's AHL numbers are actually better than Grabner as it happens). Jeffrey has good size and while he's not especially physical, they're are plenty of NHL bottom 6ers who aren't especially physical. Adding a bit of offensive skill to the bottom 6 is an advantage (lots of teams have 3 scoring lines) as long as the player plays a smart two way game to (which Jeffrey does). I was comparing Jeffrey's AHL scoring to the guys currently in Bridgeport (Rakhshani, Ullstrom, Figren, etc).
Not many Isle fans are expecting Ullstrom or Rakhshani to land in the isles top 6.Figren's a prospect who's struggled for a few seasons in the AHL and I'm surprised he's still playing in Bridgeport.I thought he'd bolt back to Europe since he's had so little success in NA.

As I said,the isles are looking for 6'3 Martin and 6'3 Joensuu to add lower line physical presence.They are looking for 6'2 Nino and 6'3 Petrov to join the top 6.Pens fans think Jeffrey's got higher upside then those prospects fine.I disagree.

If the Pens get Moulson for Jeffrey,feel free to come to the Isles board and have me eat crow.It won't happen.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote