View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles_Guy View Post
I certainly do realize that, but I also realize that both Tangradi and Letestu have passed him by in the eyes of Shero and most scouts,

why pray tell would we trade our 30 goal scorer for a guy who has been passed over by two other prospects you also have? wouldnt we be better off asking for the ones your own organization thinks are better?

put yourself in our shoes, wouldnt you think you were being offered your sloppy seconds?
Jeffrey not being on the NHL roster has very little to do with Jeffrey and a lot to do with numbers. The Pens want to keep guys like Letestu and Lovejoy, but those guys would have to go through the waiver process if they were sent down, and may be claimed (Letestu definitely would be). Jeffrey doesn't have to go through that, so it's a personnel thing.

As far as Tangradi goes, Jeffrey was getting the top 6 mins in WBS, and has been a call up over Tangradi since Tangradi got sent back down. Tangradi will have a higher prospect grade because of his potential and where he was drafted. Jeffrey for being where he was picked in the draft has turned into a very, very solid hockey player. He's without a doubt a 3rd line NHL center, and very well could be a top 6 winger if he continues to progress.

I'll be surprised if Jeffrey isn't on the Pens roster opening night 2011-12

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote