View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 02:19 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
The Rangers do have an extra 2nd from the Sanguinetti deal--so there is an alternative if they don't want to give up Grachev. I expect their braintrust has a better feel for where Grachev is than I do--so it's not as if I think Grachev has to go. It's just that I think he's movable and again it depends on the return and their future projections for Grachev based on what they know now.

As for the return there are defenseman that might cost a 2nd rounder and there may be some who cost more. Got to think that Kaberle for one is going to be moved this time around as he is entering free agency and the Maple Leafs aren't going anywhere. Kaberle might help our pwp out a lot and is decent in his own end. The Rangers aspirations for the cup fit into this as well. Not just them but the fanbase has a tendency of thinking that making the playoffs means we have a chance of winning it all. Personally I see us as at best one season away from being a serious contender but more likely two or maybe three. Even so, I see a deadline deal being made for a d-man to legitimize these aspirations of cup worthiness and I don't think just any 3-4 like a Derek Morris will do for that. I think they'll have bigger ideas.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote