View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
I watched the Kings game on Hockey Night in Canada right after the Habs game just to see Penner and others play. Penner is big, poised, good hands, strong along the boards, qualities the Habs need. BUt I am not sure his skating style would fit in well with the Habs. Who play high speed, high energy type game. Plus, after seeing Penner still up for young Hall after he got flattened, can't see the Oilers being in a hurry to trade Penner. In other words if they do the price to acquire him will be too high.

I would look to add a guy near the end of his career who can be picked up for a fraction of what Penner costs. Somebody with size, playoff experience and can pop 20 goals. A Jason Arnott type.
If you watched the game you would of seen that Penner does have speed. They talked about that last night how he blew by Scuderi and beat him to the puck by three strides.

If he's as slow as people say he is theres no way he should have gotten the shot off here

He just looks really goofy because he's so big. A crotch rocket doing 120km/h will alway look fast than a semi doing the same

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote