View Single Post
Old
10-09-2003, 08:50 AM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
I took the trouble of looking up deandebean's previous posts. About Hainsey, he said he "looked just plain lost" in the preseason games. Does that mean that Komisarek was lost even more? deandebean never said that in the past. What's he trying to prove?

Corey, I personnally didn't say that I like Hainsey better than Komisarek. In fact, in the game against Toronto, Hainsey looked lost like crazy. I loooove Komisarek. I've been drooling about this guy since his arrival.

What I'm saying (or rather writing) is that Savard himself (not me) raved about his own picks, while neglecting Houle's. The way Ward was treated is proof enough.

Gainey's got a different attitude. A much better one. Talent is the premise. But you need grit. And you need size. Something Savard overlooked in some of his selections, because he and Madden repeated time after time that talent mattered, not size nor grit. The only gritty player they selected was Higgins, a "can't miss" according to some scouts at the time.

What Pleks demonstrated in pre-season surprised me, because the reports from Hamilton last season were not all that positive. I loved his play. But the way Julien responded to his demotion lets me (and many others) to believe that unless he litterally burns up the AHL (which he could do), there's no place for him here. That's all I was implying.

As for Komisarek, he didn't look lost, but he tried to do more than he was supposed to. Thus, he turned the puck way too often in his own zone. Komisarek will never be a great puck carrier. And during the pre-season, he tried that. It's not in him.