Thread: Waived: Commodore on re-entry
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 05:35 PM
reckless_abandon

vCash: 500
I love Smid's play over the last few years, but I think he could be reaching his ceiling with regards to capability. He is a great 4th defender, but I don't think he will be much more. Last night, Smid was getting powerplay minutes. Our past two coaches were not able to find any reason to play Smid with the man advantage, and I don't see why Renney does unless the team has decided to showcase him, and get the most out of his value while it is at it's potential highest.

Packaging Smid and Cogliano would potentially be a great deal as they will hold low cap numbers, as well as their youth. Both have established themselves, and on a team that should rebuild, such as Toronto or Florida, they could pan out to be wonderful assets. We do not need to see any more influx of prospects into the Oilers system. These two should be traded together to garner a defensemen who is roughly 26-28 and is established as a strong option on the second pairing with the ability to fill in on the first pairing. I don't know who fits this description and is available, but Tambo is able to find these players who are quietly available. Was there any indication that Lubo was going to be traded?

Anyway, picking up Commodore would make it so that the Oilers are able to move Smid. I probably could have said this in less words.

reckless_abandon is offline   Reply With Quote