The 2011 ATD-B Beer League Draft
View Single Post
01-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Hope for better 2015
Join Date: Sep 2004
Nice picks so far.
All were arguably 9's with minuses (except Stastny unless his career points per game average was top-20 or something).
- Ball and Jaenecke were stars with international success but lower level of competition
- Cheechoo and Chittick were arguably the best for a short time but poor play otherwise with a lack of sustained career
- Voss and Demarco were stars of lesser leagues with several decent seasons at the highest level of competition, one's career hampered by injury and the other by limited opportunities in the top league
- Long was occasionally a star of a rival but lesser league
- Stastny a consistent producer over a short career with few real peaks
Note: Chittick and Long were high on my list!! Demarco and Cheechoo should have been. I'd be real interested in learning more about Jaenecke, especially since I'd just drafted his captain.
All of then have a shot of holding their own if called up for a few games to the MLD/AAA/AA levels. But, of course, there's reason to believe they would eventually, or on a bad day, perform subpar and be sent down. Lottery tickets, lightning in a bottle, all of them have shown flashes of greatness. But question marks hold back rational GMs from drafting them in the other drafts. Could Cheechoo have sustained his goal scoring if he'd remained on the same line with Thornton for longer or if his offseason training had been more consistent? Could German league superstars have succeeded in the NHL? Etcetera.
Last edited by VanIslander: 01-16-2011 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by VanIslander