Thread: Proposal: New Jersey - Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
You're not going to get many offers with a better key piece in it then Karlsson would be in that deal...
That's the thing. We don't want offers. Parise isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
especially considering your need for a PPQB...you'd be getting a guy that could be the best one in time.
Our lack off PPQB isn't as bad as some suggest, but I understand what you're saying. In the last few weeks, we've been trying out Zajac and it's working fairly well. He's great at keeping the puck in the zone and our PP is clicking as a result.

The problem with our PP was when we had Kovy doing it, simply because he has a laser of a shot. He was abysmal at keeping the puck in front of the blueline and on shorthanded breakouts, he was the main defender which is a complete disaster waiting to happen. We need him at the left circle waiting for one-timers. That's when he'll score his 40 goals that we're waiting for.

I'd like to get another player that can man the blueline with Zajac, and while Karlsson is a nice asset, it comes at the price of Parise. I'd much rather keep Parise, look for the 2nd PPQB through the draft (hint: Larsson), and move on from there. The Devils aren't rebuilding - they're retooling - and I promise they will be back atop the standings much faster than many think. Depending on Larsson's (assumed) impact, they could be contending for the Cup as early as next year. Realistically, I expect 2012-13 to be a very promising year for us, once Rolston, White, and Brodeur come off the books and we can spend some money.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote