View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
I wasn't really commenting on the Jeffrey for Moulson bit in my response. I was touching on the size issue, which Jeffrey certainly does have, even if you were to go by the lowest estimate. He looks around 6'2" when you see him on the ice (for instance, he looks taller than Craig Adams, and Adams is 6'0" pushing 6'1"), but even at worst, he's taller than the four guys I listed on the Isles down the middle when they're all healthy. So Seph's comment about adding size is valid.

Also keep in mind this: maybe Jeffrey's the next Moulson? A high scorer in the AHL but who hasn't been given his chance to shine yet at the NHL level for a variety of reasons? Backtrack 5 years and how many people would scoff at any proposal that included a 22-year old Matt Moulson, writing him off as "garbage"?
I thought PA Parentau was the next Moulson.
I don't go overboard for prospects who tear up the AHL.It's a nice accomplishment,but Isle fans have been there with Papineau,Tambellini and several other young forwards.

Also,I never said Jeffrey was garbage.I said I didn't want him in exchange for my team's 25-30 goal nhl scorer and that I'd rather have the isles own forward prospects(Nino,Petrov,Martin,Joensuu),getting open roster spots.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote