Thread: Waived: Commodore on re-entry
View Single Post
Old
01-16-2011, 08:57 PM
MinnesotaFats

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Let me help you get it straight then, because clearly you misrepresented what I was saying:

Commodore would be Vandermeer's replacement, not something we'd just be adding for the hell of it. Commodore is both cheaper (thanks to re-entry) and a better hockey player. So how is that adding to the problem?

With a cap hit less than $2M, bringing in Commodore is a risk this team is more than capable of taking even if he proves to be 3rd pairing quality.
I didnt misrepresent anything. Your point was Commodore is better than Vandermeer, we are already paying Vandermeer, so we might as well give the less bad player dollars too.Your point didnt need any misrepresentation to be weak.

Commodore is a bum. Is he better than Vandermeer, Foster, and Strudwick? Arguably, yes, but that doesnt make him a good player and certainly not a player we should commmit cap space to. There are plenty of marginal defenseman on the UFA market this summer. If you want to pay a marginal player, lets at least find one that isnt a pilon.

MinnesotaFats is offline   Reply With Quote