Old
01-16-2011, 09:46 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
That's absurd.

I wouldn't deal Karlsson for Nash straight up, because in a cap world, that deal makes no sense at all. It's the same variant on the "Karlsson for Parise" idea in the NJ/Ottawa thread.

Further, Spezza is older than Nash, and arguably on the same "tier" of players. Although Ottawa has never won with Spezza, we have made it to the playoffs multiple times and cup finals, which is a lot more than CBJ has done with Rick Nash.

Finally, Rundblad is a potential #1 defenseman. I'm not throwing him in for the sake of it, I'm including him because I think he's an elite asset and it would be part of the package to land an elite player.
You may just love Rundblad. He has potential. Hes not an elite asset as a prospect. An elite prospect is a Hall or a Seguin
Nash is a top 10 winger and a true franchise player. You don't get Nash for just potential and a run of the mill roster player. And no they aren't on the same tier.

Additionally, your trade makes no sense. Columbus, like Ottawa has trouble scoring. Your offer cripples Columbus.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote