Thread: Proposal: New Jersey - Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 01:29 AM
Pyke*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeTigre View Post
If it comes to that, and NJ believes they will receive that offer sheet for 9 million or something ridiculous, I'm sure they would let him go.

After the Burkie-Chairelli incident, though, I'd be surprised to see any GM gamble on Parise to the tune of 4 firsts. What if he DiPietro's out and hurts himself in the years to come?

I think a Kessel style offer sheet is probable in terms of compensation. I don't see any GM going the four first round pick route to ante up, however the trade route, like in my original post, is also a possibility if a GM believes he has to make a better offer than two firsts, a second, and a third.

Hence my original question that has virtually gone unanswered... is this offer of a lottery pick, David Rundblad, and Peter Regin, or a variation of it, a better option than two firsts, a second, and a third for NJ?
Easily. David Rundblad + Lottery Pick easily beat two firsts and a 2nd.

I'm not crazy about Rundblad + Regin + Pick for Parise given the cap hit it's going to be and that I still hope Regin can salvage value...but then, you do have to give to get.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote