Thread: Rumor: Kaberle for Wheeler
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 05:24 AM
Antropovsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
If Wheeler could influence Kessel it would be a great trade for the Leafs. Imagine if Kessel would put in extra time to get better, imagine if he would do exactly what the coaching staff asks of him, imagine if he would stay on the ice longer at practice to work on the defensive side of the game, imagine if the coach said he wanted Kessel to be more physical and Kessel listened and went out and worked on it.

You know absolutely nothing about Wheeler because Wheeler is exactly the type of player who went out and did all of those things.

If 10% of Wheeler's work ethic could rub off on Kessel it would make Kessel a much better player.
So let me get this straight, I just said that Wheeler is a pansy who doesn't back check, and you came back at me with, "you know nothing about Wheeler...Claude Julien told Wheeler that he's a pansy who doesn't back check, and Wheeler is working on improving these aspects of his game"

???

For years, numerous Leaf coaches "tried" to get Alexei Ponikarovsky to play physical.