New Jersey - Ottawa
View Single Post
01-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Originally Posted by
a) Absolutely not. I prefer a signed Parise, at that cap hit, over the proposed package from Ottawa. Trading Zach would be a huge step back for this organization, unless we're getting a player of similar value back, which in this deal, we're not.
b) Yes, I would rather the package of players and that early pick to the offer sheet compensation.
These trade proposals for Parise are hilarious. Let me summarize them all in a few steps:
1. Fan of another team reads/hears Parise might be available because of his RFA status and NJ's poor record;
2. Fan goes to capgeek and drools over how much better their top six looks with Parise in it;
3. Fan thinks, "well, we could give up some of those unproven prospects we have, and maybe a couple of draft picks. Heck, we could have basically the same good core from this year, and ADD Parise! Let me go post a proposal on hfboards!;"
4. Fans of NJ, having seen this poop many times before, respond negatively;
5. Fan of another team gets insulted, and attempts to convince himself and others that the package he offered was "more than fair." After all, Parise isn't that great...
Until next time folks...
Thanks for answering. But I'm not sure how this thread fits in to your template. This was simply a poll or question, and I didn't invest an ounce of emotion or homerism into it. The point is to get a feel for the way NJ would handle this, and according to you and most others, it seems they'll sign him regardless of the cap implications.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by LeTigre