Thread: Waived: Commodore on re-entry
View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Mikey71

vCash: 500
Next year as it stands I hope we have Whitney, Petry, Gilbert, Smid and Peckham. If we end up with Larsson, then one can assume he plays in Edmonton and that makes 6. If not Larsson, then hopefully a VERY solid young defenceman is brought in to really solidify the corps, someone that is a top 2 pairing guy. Yeah that won't be cheap, but we have the young assets to make it happen. I don't think I want Commodore as the 7th defenceman since he would be a 2 year burden. Apparently lots of his displeasure this year comes from being a healthy scratch, so I doubt it would take long to be an issue here. We also will possibly have Foster unless we find a taker, and I wouldn't want both him and Commodore in the lineup at the same time too often.

I think next year we need to have moved onto phase 2 of the rebuild, and realistically expect to make the playoffs. Not contend for the division, but EXPECT to at least be in the 6th-8th spot in the west, with a feeling that it is just the beginning. We start screwing around with bringing in a Commodore type at this stage of both his career and our rebuild changes the path that I personally thing we should be on.

Mikey71 is offline   Reply With Quote