View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 10:22 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
Hey Bleedranger, why is it always about Gabby. I think Dubi, Step, Boyle and Zuch are finding ways to help this team win. I have been saying all year that Gabby is a overrated, overpaid player. He is curretly 148th in scoring. That is a joke for a guy that makes 7 million a year. I said yesterday on this board that Torts needs to sit his a.. on the bench. He is not above the team, and for you to say they need to find him linemates is a joke. They have tried every combo they can to get him going and nothing has worked. This is not the first time that a coach has been fed up with his play. I don't want to hear that the Rangers don't have anyone good enough for him either. He is not even a top 30 forward in the NHL. The guys overrrated and overpaid.
Not a top 30 FORWARD in the NHL? Since you based your argument on points lets look at last season, Gaborik was 10th in the NHL in scoring with 86 points in 76 games. Doing a little math that would be about 93 pts over 82 games, good enough to put him 7th in the NHL (2 points shy of 5th).

Also, the next closest point total on the Rangers was Vinny Prospal with 58 points. After that is Dubi with 44 (almost half of Gabby). Gabby earned those points last year.

Saying its a joke that hes paid 7 mil is absurd, he has produced 110 points in 109 games as a Ranger. The guy is 28 years old and is going through a minor slump, he is a streaky player, once he gets hot we will forget about this slump.

This season is far from over. I guess its another case of what have you done for me lately?

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote