Old
01-17-2011, 10:38 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
So what you're saying is they should judge punishment by result and not the action? That's what the NHL seems to do though which is a big problem I have with the league.
No that's not what I'm saying. I don't the exact rules in respect to this type of thing, but if it is not specified what the punishment should be, then yes. If the rule says a player who punches someone from the bench should be suspended, then they should be suspended. If not, then yes the punishment should be based on the result of the action. Perhaps I spoke too soon...does the rule say they should be suspended?

This is (potentially) a different situation than headshots and boarding penalties. There, it seems there should not be any grey area (i.e. if its an illegal hit, it is a suspension) but in practice it would appear that they base the penalty on the result. In that situation it should not happen. But here (unless the rule says that a suspension is the penalty) a "love tap" like what Briere and Hartnell did should not be suspendable.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote