View Single Post
Old
01-17-2011, 10:42 AM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
God forbid we should encourage anyone to come here and give it a try.
Give it a try?

He's not asking to give it a try.

He's asking to be given a spot on the Canadiens or else. The team must give him a place in our seven defencemen or he can be allowed to bolt back to Russia. No adapting to the game. Play him or he goes to Russia.

Yes. Montreal is the one being inflexible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
You're not making any sense...if you don't understand that it's a big risk for a guy that's established in the KHL to come across the ocean in a new country, with new teamates, etc then I don't know what to say.

I don't blame Emelin one bit personally...he's got it made in Russia right now, I wouldn't want to leave if it wasn't under the right circumstances either.
I'm making perfect sense. Hundreds of European players wish they could get a chance in the NHL. Vladislav Tretiak considers not getting a chance to play for the Canadiens when we drafted him due to communist Russia to be one of the things he missed out on his career. Players who never got the chance to struggle. Players who never got the chance to try. And Emelin wants to waltz in on a spot because he's comfortable in Russia. Either you want to play for the NHL or you don't. Stop dancing around the issue? You want to play? You play by the same rules as every player in the league.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote